[ltp] suspend-resume problem (A20p)

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:39:51 -0500

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Tod Harter wrote:
> > Journaling FS is great ;o). I'm partial to ReiserFS myself, but that may
> > be a result of having a background in database integration. For database
> > use ext3 can't touch ReiserFS, nor if you have really large filesystems
> > with millions
>
> My main reason isn't anything particularly technical or performance related
> - we're talking laptop here: it's the ability (iirc) to convert from ext2
> to ext3 relatively easily (compared to reiser or x, for example).

I haven't even become familiar with the tools for that. I would have assumed
you had to move your data off the partition, reformat, and put it back...
Thats about all you need to do with any of the journaling systems (assuming
your kernel has support enabled). I guess not every distro puts in support
for all of them. Personally I just compile big fat kernels with every module
there is, hehe.