[ltp] T23 / Savage drivers / dock incompatability

Chris Merrill linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:30:16 -0500

I just completed installation of RH7.2 on my T23.  I followed the advice from
http://www.math.uakron.edu/~chad/linux_t23.html   on installing the S3
driver for XFree 4.1.  Things seemed to be working fine...until I went to work
and booted with the Thinkpad in the dock.  Starting X causes a blank screen
that won't do anything (except Ctl-Alt-Del).

My bios setting is to use the onboard (AGP) video, regardless of the video
card in the dock (there isn't one, anyway).  The monitor is a ViewSonic PT813,
which works fine when I just plug it into the back of the Thinkpad.  I did NOT
have this problem with Mandrake 8 - but I was using the generic (framebuffer)
driver, not the S3 driver.

Is anyone using a T-series with a dock?
Anyone have any idea what the incompatiability might be?

TIA,
Chris