[ltp] A21p won't boot

Ron Joffe linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:50:06 -0500

Justin,

On my T20, the onboard ethernet/modem combo is accessed by a small door at
the bottom of the machine, this would not be considered "INside".

As far as tech support from IBM, they are just the best. They will walk you
through probably everything that we have all suggested, and in the end if
that doesn't work, they will take care of you. I have had some issues with
the many Thinkbooks I have had over the years, and IBM has come through with
flying color.

They have even sent me a replacement machine, without harddrive, and told me
to use the box it came in to send them back my machine after I swaped the
hardrive. I have continued and will continue to buy thinkpads only becuase of
the support they have provided.

I would like to hear some other's experiances with support both positive and
negative.

Ron

P.S. I have found that IBM's tech support has some of their best people
working in the late night and early morning times.

> On Thursday 27 December 2001 14:46, you wrote:
> > Have you tried to remove the onboard ethernet/modem card if you have one?
> > on my T20 that was a problem I had. Once removed teh system booted.
>
> I've removed everything that's not 'inside' (even the HD) but still no joy.
>
> If I haven't resolved the problem by the end of the weekend I'm going to
> spend some time on the phone to IBM trying to persuade them to collect it
> and fix it.

Ron Joffe
rjoffe@yahoo.com