[ltp] T23 Suspend/Hibernate key confusion

Chris Merrill linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:51:31 -0500

Since IBM didn't dedicate a single documentation page to the operation
of their computer (40 pages of safety info in various languages), I
am confused as to some of the FN-key meanings...as well as the
status lights...maybe someone who has read the docs before deleting
the Windows partition could help me out:

There are three FN-keys with a 'screen' symbol paired with a 'X', a moon,
and a disk cylinder.  I assumed the screen/moon key was sleep/suspend
and the screen/cylinder key was for hibernate (suspend to disk?).  But
now I'm not sure that's correct...and I have no guess as to what the
screen/X button is for.  Anyone know?

2 of the 3 status lights on the screen hinge also have me mystified...
I think the battery (+) light turns orange when the battery is low and charging.
It seems to turn green when it's more than 1/2 charged, and flash when it's
fully charged.  Is this correct?  The ->X light doesn't seem to have any
meaning for me, except maybe that it's plugged in (or docked).