[ltp] Help with IrDa on TP 770 series

Paul Timmins linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:57:00 -0500

At 12:47 AM 12/30/2001, you wrote:
>b) Has anyone successfully got a Palm OS device syncing (via IR) to
>    either a TP 770E or 770Z?  If so, what did you do to get it going?

I got it going on a 560x once. It took alot of screwing around. Once it got
going you use the IRDA serial, not the SIR port as the sync port. The port
was configured in FIR mode, I think, and I loaded the IRDA serial module
and it "magically worked". I was also able to use irda_obex_palmiii (the
name might not be exact, this was almost a year ago) to transfer files to
and from the palm.
-Paul