[ltp] wireless problem on X21

Ken Firestone linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:51:31 -0800 (PST)

Bill,

What does your /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts look like?

I found out I had to comment out the first stanza, to pick up any
access point.

Then this is what I put in for the LucentWavelan card:

# Lucent Wavelan IEEE (+ Orinoco, RoamAbout and ELSA)
# Note : wvlan_cs driver only, and version 1.0.4+ for encryption
# support
*,*,*,00:60:1D:*|*,*,*,00:02:2D:*)
    #INFO="Wavelan IEEE example (Lucent default settings)"
    INFO="my_ap_name"  #put the name in for your access point
    ESSID="my_ap_name"
    MODE="Managed"
    RATE="auto"
    KEY="s:secu1"

This setup is for an Orinoco gold card in a TP 240, the ancestor of
your X21. I am using SuSE 7.3.