[ltp] remote printer

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:26:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, tom wrote:

> marco signoretto wrote:
>
> > hi, everybody
> > i need to install a network (remote) printer under linux. it is a hp laserjet
> > 2100tn. i found it simple to be configured under win but i can't manage to have
> > it work under linux. i know is static ip over the network and also is hardware
> > name. what sould i do?
> > The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
> > http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html

I am using LPRng

That prints to a network printer, an HP LJ infact

[Oolon on derilium] more /etc/printcap
laser1:rp=laser1:rm=10.1.1.2

[Oolon on derilium]

My LJ at home has a dlink print server, and the same printcap works (with
different IP!)

No other files needed to be configured, I just compiled and installed it
LPRng. One day I might setup a cue, but LPRng does not *NEED* to have one.

James