[ltp] Thinkpad T20 Keyboard / Mouse Problem : Additional Information

Chris Goodfellow linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 14:13:05 +0000

It is possible to regain control of the mouse, by killing the program
which was in focus when it stoped responding.

This however is always followed shortly by a complete crash.

Any ideas?

Regards

Chris Goodfellow

Chris Goodfellow wrote:

> I am currently running RedHat 6.2, with upgrades to XFree86 4.0.2 and
> Helix Gnome.
> At random interval I find that either the mouse of the keyboard stops
> responding. On switching to a virtual terminal everything is fine, but I
> cannot make them resume in X with restarting X.
>
> I also, less ocassionally, experience a total lock up of the console.
> (While running X.) I have been able to determine whether it is just X
> that have failed or the entire OS.
>
> Any help in the matter, or stories of similar problems would be
> gratefully excepted.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris Goodfellow
>
> mailto:chrisg@dtn.ntl.com