[ltp] Thinkpad T20 Keyboard / Mouse Problem

Mike linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 12:53:19 +1030

Ben Snyder wrote:

> dunno if his helps, but do you run gpm?  my thinkpad freaked periodically
> until i shut down gpm.  even in x windows it didn't work right

Yeah, ditto.

If you're using gpm and not piping the mouse data through /dev/gpmdata
and then using /dev/gpmdata as the mouse device in X, the mouse will
stop working after a while in X. Switching out to a text VT or telneting
in and stopping gpm fixes the problem.

Note that's _gpm_, the text-console mouse deamon, not _gdm_, the Gnome
Display Manager. I always need to think for a second when I see either.. 8)

Mike.

--
? Mike Gratton - mike@vee.net
! Leader in leachate production and transmission since 1976.