[ltp] ACPI?

Immanuel Derks linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 10:33:08 +0100

Thomas Hood wrote:

> Has anyone got ACPI working on a ThinkPad?
>
> I have fiddled around with ACPI.  I built a 2.4.x kernel with
> ACPI, but the driver would not initialize properly.  However
> using the pmtest program in pmtools I was able to switch off
> the PCMCIA interface.  ACPI doesn't seem to offer a way to control
> the serial port power, on the other hand, whereas using APM that
> is the ONLY subsystem that one can control (apart from the display
> and the machine itself).
>
> Thomas

Hmm, yes, just there on TP21; during boot I get:"Starting acpid: acpid:
ACPI is not present".
I'm using the 2.4.2-pre1 build and fiddled with some ACPI settings
building it as modules or into the kernel, replaced the acpi code with
the INTEL stuff but still no go....
APMD works great BTW, suspend/hybernate-sound-network-X-->all fine.
Anyone experienced in a succesfull APCI build on TP's?

Regards,
Immanuel Derks