[ltp] apm sound script

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:25:31 +0000 (GMT)

--- Bibek Sahu <scorpio@dodds.net> wrote: >
> 	I have a thinkpad A21p (which has a cs461x sound chip) running Linux
> 2.4.0 and ALSA 0.5.10a.  I also have the kernel's cs46xx driver built, but
> it doesn't handle suspends worth crap, so I stick to ALSA (which at least
> allows the soundcard to be used after an apm resume).

The kernel driver can also be used, but the driver has to be unloaded
and reloaded after resume.

> 	However, the system won't go to sleep if the sound device is open
> (I presume this is related to not putting the PCI bus to sleep, but I
> don't know).  The attached script takes care of this problem and mixer
> settings.

Hmm.  The woody alsa-base package already contains a script
"/etc/apm/event.d/alsa" which does pretty much what your script
does.  That script can also be instructed to kill processes
holding open sound devices.  Have you installed alsa-base?

Thomas