[ltp] TP does not identify 14.1GB HDD

Paul Barrett linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 18:30:12 -0500 (EST)

I'm interested to see if anyone has had a similar problem to this:

I recently sent in my TP770 with a 4.0GB HDD to be serviced.  They
replaced the display, because the backlight died, and also upgraded
the BIOS to the latest version, IDET37WW.  When the TP was returned, I
booted Win95 and Linux off the 4.0GB HDD without problems.  I thought
all was well until a few days later, when I tried to boot the 14.1GB
HDD.  It would not boot.  The BIOS test returned an error message
indicating it could not identify the HDD.   I therefore suspect the
latest version of the TP770 BIOS to be the problem.  Anyone else
experience a similar problem?

Cheers,
Paul

--
Dr. Paul Barrett       Space Telescope Science Institute
Phone: 410-338-4475    ESS/Science Software Group