[ltp] BIOS upgrade IHET42WW messes up display? (fwd)

Nils Smeds linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 00:25:31 GMT

Finally I double checked everything and now have APM fully working on
my 600E again. An incorrect mem= line in lilo.conf was the problem.

To sum up:

BIOS 1.10 (IHET42WW) does not work on my 600E
BIOS 1.09 works with no problems

APM works like a charm as before except when the owner screws up.

When booting write down the BIOS memory information correctly so that you
don't promise the kernel more memory than really available.

/Nils, mem=130946k and not 128m - how could I forget ;-)