[ltp] TP 770X

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 12:36:08 +0100

"Dr. Richard Patzak" wrote:

> is there anyone in this community who managed to run  *simultaneously*

I'm still running a bit of a down level system but you shouldn't have
any problems doing what you want to do.

> ALSA Sound

Y (but no midi)

> APM

Y (No probs, but there have been reports of suspension problems when
  using APM and XFree86 4.0)

> KDE 2.0

1.x (and gnome)

> serial port

Y (hot sync my palm - docked)

> parallel port

Y (laser printer)

> X-free 4.0

3.3.x (rolled my own and patched the Xserver to recognize the memory
      & chip set et. al. , patches now in main stream code)

> Kernel 2.4

2.2.x (You only have to watch out for the available memory, and make
      sure that you tell the kernel how much you really have available)

> IrDa

Y (hot sync my palm, Internet via IR mobile phone (GSM) - on the road)

> various PCMCIA's

Y (SCSI,flash,network,modem)

> on Suse 7.0 on a TP 770X ?

RH

> Thanx in advance for any hint.

Not quite your desired set up but it proves that using all of the above
devices simultaneously is feasable.

+ IBM Docking Station
  - an additional 45G HD in the DS
  - Epson GT-5500 SCSI Scanner.
  - Used to have a Wacom ArtPad attached to the serial port (before I
    attached the Palm docking station), worked without a hitch.

Hope this helps.

Bill