[ltp] apm sound script

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:28:19 +0000 (GMT)

/etc/apm/event.d/alsa doesn't kill esd.  It used esdctl
to switch off esd during the suspend.

[If force_stop_modules_before_suspend=true, however,
(this is set in /etc/alsa/alsa-base.conf) then any
process that has a sound device open (esd or anything
other process) will be killed before the suspend so that
the sound drivers can be unloaded.  Usually, though,
esd is set to open a sound device only while
it needs to play a sound and to close it afterwards;
so esd won't be killed.  ThinkPad 600 users don't
need to force stop modules before suspend, though, so
this is not an issue for them.]

Thomas