[ltp] Windows partition

Douglas E. Mitton linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:57:12 -0500 (EST)

When I first started installing Linux many-moons-ago, DOS/Windows had to
be on the first primary partition of the primary-master drive.  I just
always do it that way now.

Once I did a single experiment putting Windows95 on the second primary
master partition and it worked, I had Win 3.11 on the first partition and
wanted to triple boot Win3.11, Win95 and Linux.

I don't have any links on the rules for this, I can only how I tend to do
it each time I install a dual-boot plus system.

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, D. Sen wrote:

> Where do most people put their FAT partitions? Is it necessary to put it
> on a primary partition for dual booting or can you have it on a
> extended/logical partition ....say /dev/hda7?
>
> DS

  Doug Mitton - Brockville, Ontario, Canada
                'City of the Thousand Islands'
  Amateur Radio: VE3DMZ        (ve3dmz@rac.ca)
           http://www3.sympatico.ca/dmitton/