[ltp] External monitor (projector) and SVGA X server

hal King linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 12:32:16 -0500

Check your projector. You may find that it does not match your monitor, or it
   may be unable to run in the mode selected. If you got to console you made
   it work correctly. I had a projector that would not fly in the graphics
   mode of the laptop screen. X detected that the monitor was not set right
   and dumped out. Do you get and debug? If you'er just running a graphical
   setup, init 3 then use startx and see what it says.