[ltp] HD upgrade for 365X

Jim Eberhardt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 18:18:47 -0600

Scott, your writeup was quite helpful, as was some of the info at IBM, but
there's a fine point I think I'm still missing. If I upgrade to a drive
larger than my BIOS can handle and want to run dual boot Linux/Win95, is it
necessary to run Disk Manager if Windows is completely contained in the
part of the disk that the BIOS can recognize? For example, lets say my
Thinkpad supports up to 8.4 GB. If I install a 12 GB drive but keep Win95
on the first 4MB, is the Disk Manager required regardless?

Thanks,
Jim