[ltp] Re: Hard drive messages on syslog

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:18:39 -0500

Actually,  I have ide0=autotune as a boot parameter.and that enables the DMA.
These drives and ide chipsets should be capable of DMA / UDMA.

Browsing through the linux-kernel mailing list, I am almost convinced its a
"multimode" problem. The 2.4.1 kernel has a "enable multimode by default
option"  but they refer to a status error of 0x51 (not 0x50 that I am
seeing.....)

DS