[ltp] Dual Boot Linux/Win2k on an A21p ?

Brendan Byrne linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:03:53 +1100

I have a dual boot on A21p with Redhat 7.0. Boot works well. you can use
windows disk manager to clear up some space for the linux partitions, or
boot from a Win 98 floppy disk, and fdisk the hard drive. (Don't forget to
save your important data to another host.) After making your c:\ for
Windose, reboot with the Win2K recovery cd. This works really well. I
created a FAT partion of about 6Gb for access from both O/S-es (when you
have 32Gb to share around..:). Then I installed Redhat and played around
with trying to use the Win2K boot manger to boot linux could not get it to
work so went to lilo for the boot manager despite some webpage
recomendations that it will overwrite the Win2k boot leaving it unable to
boot win2k. It now boots both O/S without a prob.
X with KDE works fine most of the time, some intermitant problems I have not
pin pointed yet.
I am still having trouble getting the network card and modem running. I
think I have the drivers but I have not had time yet to figure out what the
instructions are talking about in the install notes of them.
I am new to Linux too. If you want more info about my config, let me know.

Regards,
Brendan