[ltp] Serial/PCMCIA problems with TP600E

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:08:26 +0000 (GMT)

--- I <jdthood2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> tpctl has it right.  setserial has it wrong.
>
> I am am surprised that the IR port *can* use IRQ 7.  I'll
> have to reboot my machine into DOS and check.  Assuming it
> can (since PS2.EXE lets you assign it IRQ 7), you will
> have to use setsetserial to configure /dev/ttyS2 to use
> IRQ 7, not IRQ 4.  It seems that serial driver's IRQ
> detection is not working properly.  It must be getting
> confused by the fact that there is another serial device
> on IRQ 4.  The command
>    setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 4
> should do it.

Doh!  Make that
    setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 7

But as I just said, I advise you *not* to use irq 7 for the
IR port.  Disable the serial port (tpctl --rs1=dis) and use
irq 4 for the IR port (tpctl --rs2=irq4 --rs2=0x3f8 --rs2=ena ;
setserial /dev/ttyS0 auto_irq autoconfig) instead.

Someone please let me know if they have successfully used
irq 7 for anything but the parallel port.

Thomas