[ltp] 380ED - configuration of kernel

Victor Rivarola linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:41:25 -0600 (CST)

--0-2079861704-982294885=:16127

My soundcard works like a charm, it did under 2.2 and
it does now under 2.4.  This is my /etc/modules.conf
so you can try it.  In make xconfig or make
menuconfig, compile, as a module, the driver for the
sound card (it is really a CS4236, and the driver
recognizes it as such, but you must compile the module
for a CS4232).  Make sure you place, as modules,
everything MIDI related.  Reboot the machine with the
new kernel, and enjoy the working sound card.

Sorry for taking this long in replying, I wasn't
checking the mail I got from the list for a while.  At
least it didn't take me as long to give you a reply as
it took me to get it (same question).  I eventually
had to use the recue CD to put Windoze back in, write
down the all IO, IRQ, and DMAs, the reinstall Linux.

Víctor R. Rivarola S.

--- piotr sobolewski <psobol@skrzynka.getin.pl>
escribió: > At 12:19 08-02-2001 +0530,
mshiju@in.ibm.com wrote:
> >I am using 380ed . Here is my .config file which I
> used to compile 2.4.0
> >kernel version.
>
> Thanks a lot. It works great; and now I am trying to
> make sound card alive (I am very beginner of Linux,
> so I have to read a lot first). As far as I could
> see you compiled sound card support "normally"? (I
> mean - not as a module?)
>
> --- zerro

--0-2079861704-982294885=:16127
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--0-2079861704-982294885=:16127--