[ltp] Serial/PCMCIA problems with TP600E

Tom Grydeland linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:18:12 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 Till.Straumann@TU-Berlin.de wrote:

> You dont have to resort to windows. As I had posted a couple of
> weeks ago, David Hinds' PCMCIA package comes with the very
> useful tools 'lspnp' and 'setpnp' which can do the same (and more)
> than infamous PS2.EXE.

[...]

> For using `lspnp' and `setpnp' you must have:
>
>   - PCMCIA package installed and running (pcmcmia_core
>     implements the pnp-bios support).
>
>   - Enable pnp-bios in the "EASY-setup"

And, I assume, enable pnp-support in the Linux kernel? :-)

> Frankly, I was surprised that there was no feedback to my
> discovery (I assumed most people out there were using it already).

I must admit I'd missed it -- and I never knew these tools could do
that.

--
//Tom Grydeland <Tom.Grydeland@phys.uit.no>