[ltp] Serial/PCMCIA problems with TP600E

Tom Grydeland linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 04:23:05 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Thomas Hood wrote:

> --- Tom Grydeland <Tom.Grydeland@phys.uit.no> wrote:
> > The machine still complains about resource conflicts or (with serial ports
> > disabled) hangs whenever trying to insert the modem PCMCIA card.  The
> > ethernet card works fine.
>
> Now that irq 9 is free, remove "exclude irq 9" from
> /etc/pcmcia/config.opts so that cardmgr can use it
> for inserted pcmcia cards.  Let the file contain only:
>    exclude irq 3
>    exclude irq 4
>    exclude irq 5
>    exclude irq 7
>    exclude irq 10

Of course.

Anyway -- after I came home this evening I decided to try again -- and
now both PCMCIA and MWAVE modems suddenly work!  I cannot test the
serial port, since I don't have any serial devices here, but this is
being written through a connection on the MWAVE modem!  I have no idea
what I've done differently, though.  :-/

Thanks again for all help -- I'll post a more thorough report on
tuesday, but now it's time for bed :-)

--
//Tom Grydeland <Tom.Grydeland@phys.uit.no>