[ltp] Some experiences with serial ports, internal modem and IR port on TP600E.

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:52:50 +0000 (GMT)

--- Tom Grydeland <Tom.Grydeland@phys.uit.no> wrote:
>     DB9:	COM1	/dev/ttyS0	0x03f8	IRQ 4
>     MWAVE/UART:	COM2	/dev/ttyS1	0x02f8	IRQ 3
>     IR:		COM3	/dev/ttyS2	0x03e8	IRQ 4 (DMA 3)
>
>   This is the configuration I've asked for using setpnp -b and rebooting,
>   but I'm not yet convinced what configuration I'm actually obtaining.
>   In particular, I don't know whether the IR port is configured for IRQ 3
>   or IRQ 4.

You can use tpctl to find out the actual configuration.
tpctl reads the chip configuration registers, so it ought
to be right.

> + I start/stop/configure the MWAVE modem using the rc script from IBM,
>   except that the UARTIO is set to 0x2F8.  Together with IRQ 4, this
>   points to /dev/ttyS1.

You mean IRQ3?

(More later ...)