[ltp] apmd and standby-mode on the thinkpad T21

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:19:36 -0500

I am running apmd (version 3.0final) on my TPT21. When I try to put the
machine on standby (using Fn+F3), I dont see apmd calling the
apm-configure script with 'standby' as the parameter. I thus, cannot set
'standby' specific configurations. According to the man pages, the apmd
script is meant to call the apm-configure script with 'suspend',
'standby', 'resume', etc options.

I need to set 'standby' specific configuration.....namely to put the
hard-disk on PIO mode, just before the machine goes into standby.
Without that, the hard-disk complains of: "hda: lost interrupt".

The machine seems to default to standby mode when I close the lid, when
there is a PCMCIA-network card in the slot. Thus 'standby' specific
configuration in the apm-configuration seems to be inherently necessary.

Any ideas?
--
D. Sen, Room E167
AT&T Labs-Research