[ltp] Serial/PCMCIA problems with TP600E

Tom Grydeland linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 07:52:38 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Thomas Hood wrote:

> --- Tom Grydeland <Tom.Grydeland@phys.uit.no> wrote:
> > I can now play mp3 files using 'mpg123' (or x11amp)
> >
> > $ mpg123 ~/pub/musikk/Arild_Andersen/track01.mp3
> >
> > and I can play midi files using 'playmidi'
> >
> > $ playmidi /mnt/dos/windows/media/passport.mid
>
> Can you do this even if the second interrupt is not used?

Yes!  Imagine that.

(I replaced "mpuirq=7" with "mpuirq=0" in the conf.modules line, now the
second IRQ is not taken up, and playing MIDI files with "playmidi" still
works.  Amazing)

> Are you using an external MIDI device?

Nope.  I don't have any such toys that I am aware of.  This would be
things like a synthesizer keyboard, right?

--
//Tom Grydeland <Tom.Grydeland@phys.uit.no>