[ltp] apmd and standby-mode on the thinkpad T21

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 06:36:18 -0500

I experience it while running on both battery and AC power. And yes,
using PCMCIA cards.

I monitor the parameters being passed to the apm_proxy script. For
suspend (Fn+F4), I see "system suspend". Then on resume from suspend, I
see "resume suspend".

But for Standby (Fn+F3), all I see is "change power". This causes the
hard drive to miss interrupts and I cant automate the use of hdparm to
get around the problem.....unless I add hdparm commands for the "change
power" condition.....which doesnt seem like the right thing to do.

I am running the latest BIOS for the T21.
Till.Straumann@TU-Berlin.de wrote:

> On 24-Feb-01 D. Sen wrote:
> > I am running apmd (version 3.0final) on my TPT21. When I try to
> > put the
> > machine on standby (using Fn+F3),
>
> This seems to be an old, APM BIOS problem - do you experience
> this behavior only when running on AC power or also while
> on battery? Are you using PC-Cards?
>
> -- Till.

D. Sen, Room E167
AT&T Labs-Research