[ltp] ibm thinkpad 770

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:22:38 +0000 (GMT)

"Easy setup" is certainly a BIOS setup program.  SFAIK
it is the only one.

What do you all think of "Easy Setup".  I am sort of fond
of the little bird whose wings flap as I move the cursor.
However, the whole thing is just a bit too cute.  Out of
character for IBM.  Is IBM's laptop engineering center
located in East Asia, by any chance?

Thomas

--- Kenneth Johansen <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote:
> anyone know how to get into the bios on this one ?
>
> pressing F2 at boot time lets me enter something called "EASY SETUP"!?!?
>
> but i dont think thats the bios.....the only thing i can do i chose
> wheter to use multiple displays or not!!
>
> what i really want to do is enable the serial port in linux, but running
> tpctl (think that was the right name for it), does not enable it.

Easy Setup won't do what you want.  Use PS2.EXE or setpnp.  Use tpctl
to make sure that PS2.EXE and/or setpnp has done what you wanted.

More info at http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm#secres