[ltp] ibm thinkpad 770

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:44:21 -0800 (PST)

On 27-Feb-01 Thomas Hood wrote:
>=20
> "Easy setup" is certainly a BIOS setup program.  SFAIK
> it is the only one.
>=20
> What do you all think of "Easy Setup".  I am sort of fond
> of the little bird whose wings flap as I move the cursor.

Well, I don't mind if the BIOS has a fancy GUI, that's cute.
What I _DO_ mind however is that the nice little bird comes
with a lobotomized brain. IMO, there _must_ be a couple
of "advanced" menues somewhere for the experienced user, where
everything can be properly set up without having to boot an OS.
Also, it is not very  helpful to tag things with "easy" names -
(e.g. "Quick boot" for  "pnp bios enable").
These braindamaged names only help to confuse the advanced
user - the unexperienced doesn't care/understand these
terms anyway...

---Till.