[ltp] Easy Setup (was: ibm thinkpad 770)

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:09:56 +0100

Thomas Hood wrote:

> "Easy setup" is certainly a BIOS setup program.  SFAIK
> it is the only one.
>
> What do you all think of "Easy Setup".  I am sort of fond
> of the little bird whose wings flap as I move the cursor.
> However, the whole thing is just a bit too cute.  Out of
> character for IBM.  Is IBM's laptop engineering center
> located in East Asia, by any chance?

Just FYI, the newer models like my T21 have a new (Phoenix BIOS) Easy
Setup program with a lot more functionality compared to the 770, 600,
etc. series' Easy Setup. You can (de)activate the serial or IR port, set
power settings, etc., so no more need for PS2.EXE with these TP models.
(IIRC, PS2.EXE doesn't support them at all, although I havent tried -
but why should I?)

Great improvement IMHO, but unfortunately all ASCII based, therefore no
more flying birds ... ;-)

Markus