[ltp] 2.4 Kernel and Thinkpads?

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:36:11 +0000 (GMT)

--- Ken Firestone <kenf@clark.net> wrote:
> Thanks for getting back to me. Is this just a problem with the Xircom
> card, or does it happen with all pcmcia ethernet cards?

The handful of people who have seen the problem all have
Xircom cards.  Can't be just a coincidence.

> And, excuse my ignorance, but how do I not use the ipx auto_primary
> and auto_interface?

This only concerns you if you are using ipx on eth0.
(E.g., you are using "ncpmount" or "nprint".)

/usr/sbin/ipx_configure --auto_interface=off --auto_primary=off

With these turned off, if you need to use ipx then you need to
enter correct values for variables in /etc/ipx.conf because
the driver won't look them up automatically.  Here's my /etc/ipx.conf
file:

# this attempts auto-configuration
IPX_AUTO_PRIMARY=off
IPX_AUTO_INTERFACE=off
IPX_CONFIGURED=yes
# for manual configuration, set IPX_CONFIGURED=yes,
# and set the options below for your system
IPX_DEVICE=eth0
IPX_FRAME=EtherII               # either 802.2, 802.3 or EtherII
IPX_INTERNAL_NET=no
IPX_NETNUM=0                    # your internal network number
# routing options
IPX_SERVER_ROUTE=no             # setup route to external server?
IPX_SERVER_NETNUM=0             # your server's internal network number
IPX_SERVER_NODENUM=0080C7EE88D6 # your server's node number