[ltp] 2.4 Kernel and Thinkpads?

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:01:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Immanuel Derks wrote:

> Ken Firestone wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering how people are doing with the 2.4 kernel on their
> > Thinkpads? Are there any problems? Are the pcmcia cards working
> > correctly?
>
> Compiled pcmcia-cs-3.1.24 seperately and the kernel (2.4.2) configured
> without pcmcia. 2.4.2 wouldn't work with an IBM ide cardbus card. Since
> all works really fine.
>
> regards Immanuel

I compiled pcmcia-cs-3.1.24 seperately on 2.4.0,1,3 on my 770X cos if I
did not it did not detect my usable IRQs correctly and I could not then
use 2 cards at the same time, also I had problems with the modules for
xircom network cards under the in kernel version.

Definately the seperate version is the easier migration  path.

James