[ltp] ATI Rage Mobility - M

George Staikos linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:50:07 -0500

On Wednesday 28 February 2001 12:21, you wrote:
> hi,
> I use Xfree 4.0.2 with sid and it works perfectly apart for the hw
> acceleration... no dvd, but you can play video with X11 output (plaympeg is
> realy fast, but xmovie, aviplay and xine work as well). Does nobody know
> howto let it work ? I think it can work but I'm still not able to configure
> it properly...
>
> as far as I know it should work also with XF3.

  It should work with XF86 3.x but you won't get acceleration.  The Xv module
is available for XF86 4.02 and it works well.  It gets you a little bit of
acceleration and support for full screen display.  The best part about xine
is that you can play DVD's right out of the box.  (well, with xine and the
dvd/libcss plugin)

--

George Staikos