[ltp] TP21 queries

Mark Krischer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 12:34:32 +1100

i've noticed there are some people on the list with the new A series
thinkpads, anyone have the T series?  i've got a couple questions:

  1. i've tried the XFree86 3.3.6 and 4.0.x drivers from
     http://www.probo.com/timr/savagemx.html, but one thing i can't get
     working is my wheel mouse.  if i try and set the protocol to IMPS/2
     the mouse pointer jumps all over the place.
  2. i've got the port replicator.  is there anyway to detect if it's
     plugged in to that?  i'd like to have some boot up scripts detect
     if i'm "docked" and change my XF86Config to use a higher
     resolution.  i think this is the same replicator used by the A
     series.
  3. has anyone gotten hotswapping to work right?  swapping the floppy
     and cdrom doesn't seem to work.  i'm pretty sure it just worked on
     my old TP600E.

thanks in advance.

--mk