[ltp] Re: Suspending with AC & PC Cards

Burt Silverman linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:37:32 -0500

Keith Frechette asks:
>So, what were the exact conditions that cause the failure (inability to
suspend)? Also, what combinations do result in a >proper suspend (e.g.,
does Fn-F4 suspend, but closing the lid does not)?

Fn-F4 with AC power and a card inserted does not start a suspend. I think
the same applies to closing the lid. Like Alan Shutko said previously, the
BIOS does not generate any event that can be seen by apmd (I verified
this). I don't know what mechanism the BIOS uses to determine that a PCMCIA
card is present. --Burt