[ltp] IRQs and I/O

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 19:13:48 -0700

Thomas Wimmer wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> >
> > This may sound a bit simple, but does anyone know how to
> > find the Interrupt and I/O range of the CrystalSound
> > soundcard in my 600x?
>
> do compile pcmcia-cs with PnP-support and run "lspnp -vv". It shows
> you a whole bunch of information about your thinkpad-hardware.
>
> sorry, but i do have a 770ed, so I can't tell you what a 600x would
> look like.
>
> > This is a Linux only box, so I can't boot into Windoze and
> > see it. My wife has an identicle 600x running Win2k, but
> > because of sharing it only shows the IRQ as being 9 (which
> > is shared by about 4 other devices) and it shows
> > no I/O range.
> >
> > Also, is there a BIOS interface other than that silly GUI
> > thing? If so, how do I get to it.
>
> there is a kind of linux-port of PS2.EXE (the dos-version of that
> thinkpad-utility under windoze) at http://tpctl.sourceforge.net/
>
> > Thanks,
> > Chris Hawkins

Let's see, here is the line from my .conf file for ALSA sound on a 600E
(should be the same for a 600X):

options snd-card-cs4236 snd_index=0 snd_id="Card1" snd_port=0x530
snd_cport=0x538 snd_mpu_port=0x330 snd_fm_port=0x388 snd_sb_port=0x220
snd_irq=5 snd_dma1=1 snd_dma2=0 snd_isapnp=0 # snd_mpu_irq=9
snd_dma1_size=xxx snd_dma2_size=xxx snd_isapnp=0

Note: I do not use the ISAPNP driver as it detects no PNP devices on the
ISA subbus...

BTW, these settings came from the IBM Thinkpad Readme.

James Mckenzie