[ltp] Re: Suspending with AC & PC Cards

Keith Frechette linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:48:10 -0500

--=_alternative 00725720852569CA_=

> With BIOS 1.01 and earlier (A20p), everything worked fine.
>
> With 1.04 (didn't try 1.02-1.03): closing the lid or hitting Fn-F4
> results in a high beep followed by a low beep when AC is connected.
> The machine does not suspend and the card remains active.  Opening up
> the lid or hitting Fn key will bring you back to the password prompt
> (if you have a user password set up) and then back into the system.
> Fn-F12 does nothing at all.

I'll put it on my to-do list to see what I can find out about this. Feel
free to remind me in about a week, in case I haven't made it to this item
yet.

-- Keith

Keith Frechette
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761

--=_alternative 00725720852569CA_=

&gt; </tt></font>
&gt; results in a high beep followed by a low beep when AC is connected.<br>
&gt; The machine does not suspend and the card remains active. &nbsp;Opening up<br>
&gt; the lid or hitting Fn key will bring you back to the password prompt<br>
&gt; (if you have a user password set up) and then back into the system.<br>
Keith Frechette<br>
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development<br>
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina<br>
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761<br>
--=_alternative 00725720852569CA_=--