[ltp] thinkpad i1400 hibernation

lorenzo martignoni linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:25:24 +0100

Hello,
I've got a thinkpad i1400 series and everythings works fine with linux.

The only problem I have is with hibernation. Under windows works fine,
I've created the reqiued file with SleepMgr, and try Fn+F12 sequence.
The Disk led turns on for about 60/90 seconds, after I've got this error
on the console:

 hda: status error: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest
 Error }
 hda: status error: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
 hda: drive not ready for command

I made some research with google but I'ven't found anithing about i1400
series.
Is Fn+F12 the correct hibernation sequence?? If not, how can I suspend
to disk my laptop??

regards, Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Martignoni            <lorenzo.martignoni@technologist.com>

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
that would also stop you from doing clever things.
                                       -- Doug Gwyn