mwave-modem surviving apm-suspend was: [ltp] No Sound from M

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:56:47 -0800 (PST)

On 14-Jan-01 Thomas Wimmer wrote:
> Till.Straumann@tu-berlin.de wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>> I made the observation that after using a PCMCIA modem
>> which has working sound, the mwave driver was also audible.
>>
>> Therefore I assume that it is a initialization problem in
>> their driver.
>>
>> Once sound is working, the initialization even survives APM
>> suspend...
>
> can you clarify a bit?

Yes, I'm sorry, what I meant was that "switching the sound on"
apparently survives a suspend/resume cycle. The mwavedd/mwavem
driver itself does _not_.

I.e. after performing the following steps:

   - switch loudspeaker on: hit <Fn>-<PgUp>

   - play with PCMCIA modem to produce audible sounds

   - eject PCMCIA modem.

   - load and use ACP driver; it now generates sound.

   - unload ACP driver

   - suspend machine

   - resume machine

   - reload/restart ACP driver

   - use ACP driver -> it still produces sound

it is (at least on my setup) possible to hear the ACP
modem. I do not have to re-use the PCMCIA modem after
resuming the machine (TP600E, 2645-550)