[ltp] Re: apm problems with 2.4.0

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
14 Jan 2001 18:37:10 -0500

Mark Krischer <mark.krischer@radiata.com> writes:

> is anyone else using the 2.4.0 kernel on a T series, or even an A
> series.

A20p, 2.4.0.

> i'm finding that if i leave my machine on over night, everything's
> locked the next day.  i suspect it's not coming out of suspend mode,
> but i can't find anything in the syslog messages to indicate a
> change of state.

Leaving it on, or leaving it suspended overnight?  I don't leave my
machine on overnight (cat) but I suspend overnight.  I haven't had any
problems.

CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

I just suspend to ram overnight, not hibernate.

Peace be to this house, and all that dwell in it.