[ltp] 380xd serial port

Tomka Gergely linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:09:00 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

I am new here, and i have a famous serial-port problem.

tptcl says:
pici:~# tpctl -rsx
resource state:                             current
serial port 1:                              enable  0x3f8 IRQ4
serial port 2:                              disable 0x2f8 IRQ0

But the humble opinion of setserial is:
pici:~# setserial /dev/ttyS0 autoconfig auto_irq
pici:~# setserial /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS0, UART: unknown, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4

Minicom does nothing. What can i do? Very-very-very important this
serial communication for me: the last thing between me and the format
c:. Of course, under Win98 the COM1 work correctly. With the 0x3f8!4
combination. System info: Debian 2.2 potato, 2.2.18, tpctl 1.0, pcmcia
3.1.22.

I also have a Madge Tokenring-card: someone fight with this beast?

-Tomka Gergely Ákos-TGTG of GT-tomka@interlinks.hu-