[ltp] 770X Batteries

Harry Mangalam linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:22:15 -0800

This is resucitating an old thread, but I thought I'd query one last time...

The story is much the same as the story told before: a 770X whose battery suddenly goes from behaving pretty much as it always has to the power dropping precipitously from 95% to 5% and then rapidly
to 0.

I've tried the discharge/recharge cycle recommended by a number of people (one such message below)

(I was never able to find the official IBM decription - if anyone has it, I'd be grateful to get a URL).

It looked at one point that the battery was partially re-activated by this procedure, but then it dies and no amount of charging or ANYTHING moves the LED readout beyond 0 anymore - It just blinks on
0 and gives up trying ot charge it after a few seconds (no LED arrow pointing into the battery after that point - the 4 part LED is clear of any of the 4 bars).

It doesn't look good, and I'm resigned to buying a new battery, but I thought I'd ask one last time about it.

Also, someone mentioned a place that re-packs old battery packs - any names from people who have been successful?

Thanks all,

hjm

--
Cheers,