[ltp] Problems when installing RH7.0 in IBM ThinkPad 560Z

Mon, 22 Jan 2001 07:51:48 +0700

Hi,

I installed RH7.0 in my ThinkPad 560Z.
I have experiences installing RH Linux in various desktop system without
trouble, but this time I encountered a lot of problems.

Kindly please everyone with Linux ThinkPad experiences help me
solve the problems. Thanks.

Here are list of problems :

apmd can't resume

apmd daemon run without any error reporting, but everytime I close the lid,
and
reopen it, the laptop not responding and I had to restart the system
not in a proper way. I guess the harddisk was the problem, but I am not
sure.

processor and memory aren't correctly identified

The thinpad have a mobile Pentium II processor 233 MHz and 96 megs of
memory.
But the information in /proc, are :

$cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family     : 6
model          : 5
model name     : Pentium II (Deschutes)
stepping  : 2
cpu MHz   : 58.775
cache size     : 512 KB
fdiv_bug  : no
hlt_bug   : no
sep_bug   : no
f00f_bug  : no
coma_bug  : no
fpu       : yes
fpu_exception  : yes
cpuid level    : 2
wp        : yes
flags          : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr
bogomips  : 124.11

$cat /proc/meminfo
        total:    used:    free:  shared: buffers:  cached:
Mem:  65478656 23764992 41713664 11476992  1912832 11362304
Swap: 85114880        0 85114880
MemTotal:     63944 kB
MemFree:      40736 kB
MemShared:    11208 kB
Buffers:       1868 kB
Cached:       11096 kB
BigTotal:         0 kB
BigFree:          0 kB
SwapTotal:    83120 kB
SwapFree:     83120 kB

PCMCIA doesn't work well with PC IDE Card

cardmgr didn't report anything when I insert and eject PC IDE Card to
attach
my CDROM. All pcmcia_core, ds, and i86325 installed correctly. There
weren't
any beep either.

rgds,

IB Adi Sudewa