[ltp] 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20

Tony Robinson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:06:50 +0000

> From: "marco signoretto" <signoretto_marco@libero.it>
> Subject: [ltp] 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20
> Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:06:38 +0100
>
> hi everybody,
> i'm tring to have my nic works on linux. since no distributions seems to
> support this network card, i'm looking for someone has installed it on his
> thinkpad. i found a driver on
>  http://www2.neweb.ne.jp/wd/fbm/3c556/

I have the PCI ethernet going on my X20, /proc/pci says:

  Bus  0, device  10, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c556B Laptop Hurricane (rev 32).

which matches your subject line.   I have:

CONFIG_NET_ETHERNET=y
CONFIG_NET_VENDOR_3COM=y
CONFIG_VORTEX=y

Not that I can see support for the 3c556B in the CONFIG_VORTEX help.

You can find the full .config on http://www.tonyRobinson.com/config-2.4.0,
and http://www.tonyRobinson.com/x20.html may also be useful.

Tony Robinson