[ltp] 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20

marco signoretto linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:58:19 +0100

> marco signoretto wrote:
> >
> > hi everybody,
> > i'm tring to have my nic works on linux. since no distributions seems to
> > support this network card, i'm looking for someone has installed it on
his
> > thinkpad. ...

> I got it to work for me with RedHat 7.0 after upgrading to the 2.2.18
> kernel.
>
> If you are building a custom kernel (I did), you can try to use my
> kernel .config file.
> It can be found here:
> ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/dash/tpx20_config

thanks a lot for your support, i'm very happy to see that my praises have
been answered :=). now, i have another question: where can i find the
kernel? i've looked aroud (redhat.com, rpmfind etc...) but i found only the
2.2.16 kernel in the rpm format.  maybe i have to take it in tar format at
kernel.org? howether, what i have to do after installing the new version of
kernel? is it enougth to have my card recognised and working or i have to
perform other passages?
Marco