[ltp] 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20

marco signoretto linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:08:43 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "marco signoretto" <signoretto_marco@libero.it>
To: <linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: [ltp] 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20

> > marco signoretto wrote:
> > >
> > > hi everybody,
> > > i'm tring to have my nic works on linux. since no distributions seems
> > > support this network card, i'm looking for someone has installed it on
> his
> > > thinkpad. ...
>

> > I got it to work for me with RedHat 7.0 after upgrading to the 2.2.18
> > kernel.
> >
> > If you are building a custom kernel (I did), you can try to use my
> > kernel .config file.
> > It can be found here:
> > ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/dash/tpx20_config

wonderfull! i finally manage to have my card working (and also the sound
card!!!) . i've compiled as you suggest a custom kernel (i compile the
2.2.18, taken at kernel.org) with the driver for the mini pci 3com and also
for the Crystal sound card. now all works properly but... the eth0 and
probably the sound card (i did'n verify  ) doesn't resume after the
suspended time. i have also some error messages at the boot but i think
fixing them it takes not a lot of time.
Marco