[ltp] Re: 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20

Darrell Shively linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:15:59 -0800

Darrell Shively wrote:

> Alan Shutko wrote:
> >
> > Darrell Shively <dash@cisco.com> writes:
> >
> > > I did find that unloading/reloading the module (cs4281.o) will
> > > reinitialize the sound hardware, but since I'm usually logged in and
> > > already have the sounds device open, the module won't unload until I log
> > > out or something similarly inconvenient.
> > > Bottom line: I live without sound.
> > > If someone has a fix for this, please let me know.
> >
> > Take a look at /etc/sysconfig/apmd, and look at the lines relating to
> > sound.
>
> WOO-HOO!  That got it.  Sound now suspends/resumes & even seems to
> hibernate/resume.
> Copious thanks, Alan.  You rule.

CANCEL CANCEL!

It turns out that doing this destabilizes suspend/resume.
When this change is in place, my x20 locks up during ~50% of resumes.
Backing out the changes allowed me to achieve 20+ sequential
suspend/hibernates.

Sound is cool, but I will do without for the time being.

   regards,
	- dash
--
Darrell Shively   Cisco Systems Inc.   "No matter where you go,
(aka dash)        121 Theory Dr.       there you are..."  --