[ltp] Re: 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20

marco signoretto linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:24:40 +0100

> > marcolinux aumix-minimal: aumix:  error opening mixer
> > marcolinux rc.sysinit: Loading mixer settings:  failed
> > also the nic sometimes at the boot does'n work but this is quiete rare.
> > what can i do?
>
> Yowch!  i've never seen anything like that.
> Let's see if we can figure out what's different between your system and
> mine.
> I've got an X20 ,Type 2662-36U.  (On a bar code sticker on the bottom of
> my unit.)
> We're both running 2.2.18 kernel.  You used my .config to build, so the
> kernels and modules should be identical, right?

oooppssss! not really: i compile a custom kernel but i don't use your
.config. i don't know how i have to use it (you didn't say anything about
it)!
now please, resend me your config and say to me how i have to use it

> I think we're both running RedHat 7.0... right?

yeah!

> Hmmm... don't know if it matters, but I was pretty aggressive installing
> all the recommended upgrades/security fixes from RedHat.  If you have
> not, you might want to try it.
> Maybe we should compare our BIOS Power Management settings?  Wish there
> was a way to dump these. :-/
>
> Failing that... hmmm.  Anyone else have any ideas?
>
> By the way, does anyone have tpctl running on an x20/RH7 combo?
> I have not been successful getting it to compile.

me too! i have some compiling errors

> > thanks for your patience
> > Marco
>
> No problem.  Check & post the above info & we'll see if anyone has any
> ideas.

thanks indeed!