[ltp] Re: 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20

Darrell Shively linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:30:49 -0800

marco signoretto wrote:

> [...]
> > We're both running 2.2.18 kernel.  You used my .config to build, so the
> > kernels and modules should be identical, right?
>
> oooppssss! not really: i compile a custom kernel but i don't use your
> .config. i don't know how i have to use it (you didn't say anything about
> it)!
> now please, resend me your config and say to me how i have to use it

Ah, I think I see the confusion.
It's here:

	ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/dash/tpx20_config

The trick is, you need to rename it to ".config" and place it in
/usr/src/linux (or wherever your kernel sources reside).

For completeness, here's the earlier message in its entirety: